Search the forum,

Discuss Washboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbo

Recently bought a well known make of washboy (red one, R**i)used it today and i'm seriously unimpressed with it, for the life of me i couldn't squeeze as much water out of it as i wanted ( i was using it correctly) and if you need to carry it anywhere when its got water in it filled to the correct level you need arms like Geoff capes!!
So out came the old faithful bucket and sponge!!!

M

murf

a new washboy sponge can be difficult to rinse at first but it should soften up after a couple of washes.

M

murf

Robbo, you shouldnt need to have the sponge very dry for washing. I find it much handier to have it a bit wet. If you are a late convert to the washboy let me assure you it is 10 times more efficient than a bucket and sponge.

R

robbo

Just bought one recently m8, am a late convert, only bought one as everyone on here raves about em. Will persevere with it though....

D

DHTiling

Makes no matter what make you buy..the sponges need a few washes to operate at there full potential......:)

D

DHTiling

A couple of washes on a floor will sort it out....the sponges are just a bit stiff/new and needs a wash or so to soften them so the wring out better......the rubi washboy is fine...it's the sponge quality that dose the work........

Reply to Washboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen