Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Victorian/geometric in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
A bit of advice required please!

Where i live in the south east, ive noticed there's a lot of Victorian/Geometric path ways and steps and feel theres a market for re-doing and repairing in the area. The only problem is i havent had much experience in this specific type of tiling as im still a trainee and only been tiling for a year!!

I wondered if anyone could maybe recommend a course?? Or any advice would be great.:thumbsup:

Thanks-Danny.

C

Ceramico tiling

Best thing for you to do is call tilers that do these and offer your labour for free.You will need to be on a few of these jobs before you can do them yourself.

I know Able skills offers a course and It may be a good Idea if you cant find any tilers to let you work for them.
I personally would not approach one of these unprepared. The reason is that they are very tricky,difficult,the pathways often need concrete bases and the tiles are so expensive. Things can go pear shaped big time!

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the reply mate.

Ive actually done just that today.Starting a hallway in Cambridge with another tiler i know early July.

Thanks again

Reaction score
Thanks for the post Dan but it won't let me follow the link. Is it because it's the tilers arms?? If you could sort that for me I'd be grateful

Thanks, Danny

Reaction score
Im trying my best to become a professional tiler,Dan.I'm not trading as a business as of yet but have been working on a self employed basis for a firm called P.G tiling in the Cambridge area for well over a year now. Could you maybe consider this as enough for me to gain access to the tilers arms??
I'm really keen to see what this course on Victorian and geometric tiling has to offer.
If you could let me know that would be great

Reply to Victorian/geometric in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks