Search the forum,

Discuss vat rise in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

the tories have gone in with their favorite ploy

20% vat

the tories have raised vat from 7% to 17.5%

C

Colour Republic

Mike tell me where it says this? You say it like statement of fact rather than rumour, you do realise that there has ben rumours of a vat increase for 2 years already, nothing to do with the Tories, not saying it won't happen but show me where they have said this is going to happen

C

Colour Republic

"...The simplest way of undoing the damage could be to hike VAT from 17.5 per cent to 20 per cent. This would yield £11 billion a year to the Treasury, the note calculated...."

I'm sorry but when it comes to the world of finance then there are no so called experts, out of all the predictions from these 'experts' i've only ever seen them get it right 20% of the time, I can get better odds on the flick of a coin.

Again not saying it won't happen but until it's annouced or at least leaked i'm not putting any weight behind it

W

White Room

Labours dept has got to be paid off somehow, can't carry on as if there's a bottomless pit of money

Reply to vat rise in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen