Search the forum,

Discuss UFH virgin in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stevee

hiya lads, got to do 2 rooms in a house,both next to each other

floor 1 less than 2 sq metres

floor 2 less than 3 sq metres

floorboards got a little movement,12mm ply would sort this,is this ok?

i intend not using slc cos of small areas

ive got a multi meter ,can anyone tell how to use it, in dummys lingo

porcelain tiles 300mm sq

can i run both of one thermostat?

be glad to hear what u boys use to stiffen up a floor with slight bounce before ufh ,cheers steve

D

david campbell

you would be better contacting Underfloor Heating | Electric | Floor Insulation | Uheat to see if they can be run from the same thermostat,i think however due to the small are it should be fine.using a multimeter you can check for resistance,this will let you know if the cable is broken in any way( example-if the cable has a resistance of 20 ohms then it should always show that unless it is damaged) you can lay tiles without s.lc but it is more akward and if the tiles ever had to come up the ufh would probably be damaged:thumbsup:

F

faithhealer

with david here, use slc anyway for the price of a bag it's not worth the faff on without it. Ask uheat for one of their 'monitors', as well. piece of mind all the way through the job

D

diamondtiling

For the sake of £40 I would use two stats, its two rooms that should be independently controlled.

:thumbsup:

O

Olz

Speak to U Heat mate, I have used them and they are absolutley spot on, tell them what you are faced with and they will tell you what you need. Remember to ask about your TF discounted prices as well. :thumbsup:

S

Scott

If there is still bounce on such a small floor id be thinking about adding some extra noggins and/or thicker ply. If 18mm is too much you can get 15mm but not everyone stocks it.

S

stevee

cheers lads,its not really bounce more of a ripped up and put back floorboards jobby

ill ring u heat,steve

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's always best to run rooms independently as it's very rare they'll have the same heat-loss etc. You could find you've put the stat in the colder room and the warm room is always on when it doesn't need to be which would eventually be more expensive than buying the extra stat. I've even done it in open-plan room and wish I had separate stats at either end instead of one in the middle.

D

david campbell

I've even done it in open-plan room and wish I had separate stats at either end instead of one in the middle.

now that is good thinking:thumbsup:

Reply to UFH virgin in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.