Discuss try this,its cool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

brian c

pick a number between 1 and ten.

multiply this by 2

add 5

multiply this by 50

if you have already had your birthday this year then add 1759,if you havent had a birthday this year yet then add 1758

now subtract the four digit year you were born

you should have a 3 digit number

the first digit was your original number and the other two are your age.

OH YES IT IS!

FOR SOME REASON THIS ONLY WORKS THIS YEAR 2009.

N

Newtiler723

I just tried this twice - neither time came anywhere near my date. Is it just me or is this a load of rubbish???

S

sWe

pick a number between 1 and ten.

multiply this by 2

add 5

multiply this by 50

if you have already had your birthday this year then add 1759,if you havent had a birthday this year yet then add 1758

now subtract the four digit year you were born

you should have a 3 digit number

the first digit was your original number and the other two are your age.

OH YES IT IS!

FOR SOME REASON THIS ONLY WORKS THIS YEAR 2009.

Let the number you pick be X

x

Multiply by two, add 5

2x+5

Multiply by 50

50*(2x+5) -> 100x+250

Add 1758 or 1759 and substract the four digit year of your birth. 1950 is an example

100x+250+(1758-1950) -> 100x+250-192

100x+58

This is what you get. The number you chose times a hundred + your age.
If you chose ten as a"your number", the final number will have four digits, but it´ll still be "your number" followed by your age :thumbsup:
For example, a 40 y/o guy chose 2 as his number. That got him 2*100+40 = 240 in the end.

This formula supposes you´re under a hundred years. If you want to use this forumla next year, use 1759 for those who haven´t had their birthdays yet, and 1760 for those who´ve had theirs :thumbsup:

Maths demystified :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to try this,its cool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks