Search the forum,

Discuss tough mobile reccomendations in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
my motorola flip phone
has finally packed up due to dust water etc it lasted 18 months which is the longest any phone ive had stood up to the abuse
what phone do you use and does it stand up the riggers of tiling ????

ps i think makita dewalt etc are missing a trick here
if they put there name on aphone they would sell loads
to us tool tarts

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Depends on what you want it to do, if it's just a basic tough phone with basic functions then in my opinion go for the JCB phone, very tough, search youtube for the demo video's, the only thing I could fault them with, the screens can be scratched, can be................ other than that, you can drop, throw, soak them and they keep on going :thumbsup:

C

cornish_crofter

Get 2nd hand off e bay or go to Dialaphone.

The great thing about Dialaphone is that the PAYG phones tend to come unlocked, so you can use a sim card from any operator in them. You often have to buy £10 credit on the card when you buy the phone from them. However, if you go for the same PAYG network as you or a family member have got, you may be able to transfer the credit over.

Or, if you want the portfolio maintenance, you may be better advised to go for a half decent digital camera that can hide in the van, then have a really basic/robust phone with you. We've got a Nokia 2610, on Orange bought for £16.95 with £10 credit. I got £10 cashback through an afiliate site, so the phone has paid for itself and returned a small profit with the credit on the sim. We lend it to the children when they've got disorganised and not put credit on their phones and need to go out. At some point the credit will run out and someone on Orange will be able to make use of it.

C

Colour Republic

We lend it to the children when they've got disorganised and not put credit on their phones and need to go out.

:lol: You're so weak! Kids are never disorganised when it comes to texting thier mates, they saw you coming a mile off. Did they tell you they love you right before they mentioned no credit?

Last edited by a moderator:
O

obobsmith

my motorola flip phone
has finally packed up due to dust water etc it lasted 18 months which is the longest any phone ive had stood up to the abuse
what phone do you use and does it stand up the riggers of tiling ????

ps i think makita dewalt etc are missing a trick here
if they put there name on aphone they would sell loads
to us tool tarts

Use my old nokia n73 , upgraded for free then got free O2 sim its got cracking camera and is rock solid in construction, if your really worried about dust and fluids then get a sports cover for your phone, it can stand up to being upside down in a sea kayak off the west coast of scotland so a wee bit of dust or a splash of water should be a breeze. :thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

I know this isn't the typical builders mobile as it is a 'fashion phone' what ever that is but I went through my old plastic phones every 6 months before I got this one. It's stainless steel and has proper ball bearings on the slider. The phone is pretty indestructable, I was boarding out a loft and knelt on the screen... sorry my 'Mate' had the same phone and was boarding out a loft and knelt on the screen it only cracked the outer screen, 'he' was insured and wanted a new phone not just just the screen replaced so 'he' had to jump up and down on it for 10 minutes until it was un-repairable, this is one tough little phone! I've had it for 2 years now and won't replace it until I find something as strong, also because I didn't replace it when my contract came up for renewal, I got my line rental for half price - I pay £17 a month for 750 mins any network, any time, my minutes roll over (which they no longer do) all on Vodafone

product5.jpg

Edit: it's a Nokia 8800 Sirocco by the way

Last edited by a moderator:
O

obobsmith

:lol: You're so weak! Kids are never disorganised when it comes to texting thier mates, they saw you coming a mile off. Did they tell you they love you right before they mentioned no credit?
Bet they did ,it's funny how undying love and adoration seem to equate to ripping it out of your parents:lol::lol::lol:

E

Eddie

I know this isn't the typical builders mobile as it is a 'fashion phone' what ever that is but I went through my old plastic phones every 6 months before I got this one. It's stainless steel and has proper ball bearings on the slider. The phone is pretty indestructable, I was boarding out a loft and knelt on the screen... sorry my 'Mate' had the same phone and was boarding out a loft and knelt on the screen it only cracked the outer screen, 'he' was insured and wanted a new phone not just just the screen replaced so 'he' had to jump up and down on it for 10 minutes until it was un-repairable, this is one tough little phone! I've had it for 2 years now and won't replace it until I find something as strong, also because I didn't replace it when my contract came up for renewal, I got my line rental for half price - I pay £17 a month for 750 mins any network, any time, my minutes roll over (which they no longer do) all on Vodafone

product5.jpg

Edit: it's a Nokia 8800 Sirocco by the way

I think i'll have a look on ebay for this. I have gone through too many phones already, and i need a new one now.

Reply to tough mobile reccomendations in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen