Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss toilet pan trouble after tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

G1zm0

finished tiling bathroom, now to re install the pan.

but because the floor is higher the soil pipe wont connectt to pan, searched intetrnet and found that screwfix do a extendable pan conector.

i got it home , connected to pan and its to short to reach the wall,so i might need to cut the old soil pipe that originaly came in.

but another prob, when i try move my close couple pan to the wall the flexi pipe is stopping it beeing flush against wall (cistern).

what do you guys use when yous come to this prob?

as for the water going in i bought flexi pipes, and asso flexi pipes for the wash hand basin water, but cant find a telescopic s bend wast pipe..

H

Hawkofeagles

Hi G1zmo. What you could do is get hold of a short offset pan connector available at most plumbers merchants. This should sort the problem you are having. Good Luck :thumbsup:

J

jimbob

Try a search for Opella Multiforme flexible WC pan connector. I used one when fitting my toilet and seemed to do the job (although not actually used the toilet yet - just did some test flushes!) Bends when you want it to and is extendable from 280mm to 550mm

Bought mine from www.bes.co.uk and cost about £5 :thumbsup:

G

G1zm0

thanx m8, bu thats teh same as one ive got FloPlast Flexible Connector SP106 - NoLinksToThis, Where the Trade Buys

is it ment to go into the waste that comes out wall? i prob need cut abit out of the pipe .

its juast when ive got it connected to back of pan but not into the waste pipe, and try push it back to the cistern is flush with the wall.

the pipe pushes the pan back out, and with he cc pan when pushed out it moves the cistern from the pan and then leekage accours.

maby im doing summin wrong

J

jimbob

Sorry, I thought your first post said the flexi waste pipe you had was too short to reach the soil pipe coming in through the wall - if that's the case, the one I suggested should do the trick - it extends to 550mm whereas the one you bought from Screwfix only goes to 300mm (according to the website).

If the soil pipe coming in through the wall is too long and so preventing the toilet from being pushed back flush to the cistern, then yes you'll prob need to cut it back a bit. I'm assuming it plastic, so just use a hacksaw, then a file to trim the edges down a bit to receive your pan connector, maybe with a bit of silicone lubricant to help you push it home. Alternatively an offset pan connector like hawkofeagles suggested may work without you having to cut the soil pipe back....

G

G1zm0

thanx guys, i will see if cutting the pipe will doand it i can get it to bend the 90 degs without pushing the sides of pipe together.

failing that its going back to sf and i will get the one thats ridgid but with the 5 % missalignment adjustment. need to get pan done tmoz so wife can poo lol

Reply to toilet pan trouble after tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks