Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Threshold bars in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Turkish

Hello

Could anyone please advise me as to whether a carpet to tile aluminium bar exists that can take up a height of 34mm?? That is the height of the top surface of my tiles in my bathroom from the floorboards in the adjoining room where I`m having a new carpet laid. Carpet supplier said they didn`t stock anything to take that height difference.

Any help would be much appreciated

Q

Qwerty

Don't know any that's greater than 22mm.
Double up on underlay?

Ali is right. I thought the Schluter Reno V would cover your needs, but only 20mm I'm afraid. Does it have to be metal or will an oak threshold be suitable?

I

Ian

An overlay of 12mm ply in the room to be carpeted could be a solution. Is it a big room?

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Think it will depend on the quality of carpet being fitted too. Some cheaper ones woukd wear and could highlight sharp differentials like ramps.
If you want to eliminate the step the Bri's option works with 12mm pky. Should bring you about level.

M

Mr Tiler

I'd go for either a wooden threshold or a wooden ramp under the carpet

exactly what I would of suggested I don't this with my bathroom floor as there was a 19mm height difference so put some 8mm ply under the carpet and fixed a standard doorstrip over that looks sound and better than a lip in the doorway.

thought I may get slated for that suggestion though so kept it to meself lmao

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
exactly what I would of suggested I don't this with my bathroom floor as there was a 19mm height difference so put some 8mm ply under the carpet and fixed a standard doorstrip over that looks sound and better than a lip in the doorway.

thought I may get slated for that suggestion though so kept it to meself lmao

I ramp floors up and down in loads of commercial environments to eliminate trip hazards between different floor levels. Quite often it's done using rapid set. The problem with raising the whole room is you then transfer a height difference to another doorway

T

Turkish

I ramp floors up and down in loads of commercial environments to eliminate trip hazards between different floor levels. Quite often it's done using rapid set. The problem with raising the whole room is you then transfer a height difference to another doorway

After much research on the internet I think I`ve found a suitable threshold but if it doesn`t work then I`ll go for the ramp option

Thanks to everyone for your help much appreciated!!

T

Turkish

I bought some angled self adhesive threshold bars online as they take up a large height difference in adjacent floors. They`re pretty much the only ones I could find and although not "discreet" I was happy enough with them. I had a height difference of around 25mm after the carpet had been fitted and they are fitted after tiling is completed. if anyone else is interested I got them from:

Floor & Wall Solutions, Carpet, Vinyl, Tile Trim and edge protection profiles covered!

Reply to Threshold bars in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks