Search the forum,

Discuss Thinking about things.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

In light of all the news, I've been thinking about the fact that intense pain can last for months, years even, but intense pleasure passes in - seconds, minutes, hours if you're really lucky? :) Disasters can befall 1000's of people at once, great good fortune favours only a few individuals at any one time. Physical death is permanent, our life on earth is not.

So apart from falling into deep depression about it all, (-not good), what can we do to rebalance things? Do we need to learn to resensitize / awaken ourselves to feel pleasure and blissfully fortunate more easily? To really enjoy fully everything that doesn't hurt? Perhaps chase pleasure more? Will continue thinking while I get on with the day... maybe some of you have the answers already....?

D

Derry

lol beer is always the solution :)

but i guess you have to look for the positives in every situation even when it feels like there isn't any.
Nothing will ever get better if you surround yourself in all of the negativity.

As the saying goes, "life goes on"

and if all else fails...... BEER :thumbsup:

U

user123

Beer!!!!!!! :8:

No, Dave, I didn't mean more beer... :lol: These are such blokey answers, it's really funny ... and refreshing... the answers, as well as the beer, I'm sure.... I see if I can copy paste some female answers to the same question I put on fb... :)

U

user123

Female friends' replies...

love one another ♥
i feel this world is so lacking in this !
people get on with their own thing, and shut the door on those that need a hand - not everyone i know, but it is a selfish society today and i see so many lonely people - noone bot...hers ! what is wrong with people ?
--------------
Yes Gisela - basically on a day to day basis we don't appreciate feeling well, i.e. having the basic fundatmentals such as being able to breathe, our shelter, friends and family etc - so yes it helps to cherish the these things and feel hap...py with our lot.
i lost my job in dec and am broke - it is killing me with stress, but i try and remember all the things i have that are free - things i am so lucky to have - and keep going with my art despite being peniless right now !
when we look at world disasters i am just lucky to have life - so feel happy ♥
-----------------------------
Bliss is totally possible. Great joy, good fortune, and beauty surround us every day. It starts with being totally present in every moment and truly enjoying everything presented to us that is enjoyable. Today so far I have had the exquisit...e bliss of cuddling with a small warm furry loving being, sleeping in with my husband, smelling coffee, making porridge etc. There is type of Buddhist meditation called Tonglen that is helpful for all the pain and misery in the world, and it can be practiced on many different levels.
I work with dying and struggling people every day. I work on my compassion skills every day, but always work on finding joy and good fortune
-----------------------------
When I feel love for others (and I feel constant emotion anyway) - I feel so happy and full of love on the same level which I can feel emotional pain and sorrow - this is regular for me. Some of it is genetic and some by our life experiences and the way our brains developed as children etc...but liek Chris says, it is taking note of our senses and living in the moment - and feeling the moment - and letting ourselves 'feel' more - positive emotions I mean, when possible.
----------------------------
Breathe it all in don't fight it, and breathe out compassion, love for yourself and for the world, for specific people for everything. Look up Pema Chodron. I believe we can affect the world.
----------------------------

I'm sure there will be more.... no mention of beer as yet.... :lol:

D

Deleted member 9966

G, what I do is make plans. So long as I have plans, then life will go on. If there is no plans to look forward to, or work towards, then what's the point in being here? And once you fulfil one plan, think up another one.

My biggest plan from a very early age was to earn enough money in my life to buy a detached house. Originally I thought a detached house made it look like to the rest of the world that you were successful and had money. Now I see a detached house as being my self contained unit where nobody else can disturb me and I can't disturb them. Plus now, my detached house is going to be my family home :yesnod:

Reply to Thinking about things.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen