Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Things I have learnt today in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

On one

That emulsion is ok to tile onto,
PVA primer is suitable to tile over,
9mm ply overlay is fine onto a 1st floor chipboard floor with vertical movement,
Adding 6mm ply onto 9mm makes the floor even stronger,
Ditra will also solve this vertical movement in the floor,
That if someone says they have "been in the business 25yrs and never had a problem doing it this way before" is talking a pile of:****:

W

White Room

Funny you say that, a builder who I've looked at the tiling tells me he going to pva the chipboard floor then screw 6mm ply FFS:yikes:

The old ways was all kept saying....

R

RDTiling

Problem I find is that builders tell customer's that 6mm ply is fine to tile to, as they've seen it done that way for years with no problems.

I then walk in and contradict what the builder has said, however they are prepared to take the builders guidance.

My reply is therefore: In that case, get the builder to tile it, however here's my card when you need the tiles replacing....

O

On one

Another steep learning curve for me today,
If an electric UFH mat does not stick to a dusty concrete floor,poured SLC will stick the mat down(Electrician) and
A cement based floor tile adhesive will damp proof a concrete floor(Damp Proofing Guy)

Reaction score
Another steep learning curve for me today,
If an electric UFH mat does not stick to a dusty concrete floor,poured SLC will stick the mat down(Electrician) and
A cement based floor tile adhesive will damp proof a concrete floor(Damp Proofing Guy)

Im glad you know whats right Wrighty, instead of these trade tech geeks

Reply to Things I have learnt today in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks