Search the forum,

Discuss stain stop! help!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pursedog

hello.
i hope you can help.
i recently used Lithofin MN Stain Stop Plus - Sealer & Colour Intensifier.
i used it on york stone and was wondering what i can use to take it off so i can clean the tiles better as they are very cloudy. it is a problem because i have used it on neighbouring houses and they both look different in appearance due to the fact i applied one side with the stain stop too early after grouting!

P

pursedog

the one next door looks fine as i sealed it two days after grouting. this allowed the stone and grout to be completely dry.
the problem with the other is i grouted and sealed on the same day. i kept cleaning the tiles (maybe 5-6 times) so although the grout was off them they were still wet although not soaked.
it would not be a problem except that because they are next door to each other they look different.
i am hoping i can take off the sealant and clean the stones before re-applying it?!

D

DHTiling

Well without sounding too blunt...You did it wrong...as you have found out the hard way...

Use lithofin stain away and follow the directions.....leave the stone to fully dry before sealing again.

P

pursedog

that is true dave. guess sometimes ya gotta learn the hard way i guess! :oops:
just glad that there is a remedy :hurray:

have you tried it out before? just hope it takes it all off....

D

DHTiling

Thats the product for the job and no i haven't BALLZ'd up like that before...:lol:..so no i havn't tried it.....:smilewinkgrin:

P

pursedog

cant all be perfect i guess :prrr:

cheers for the advice though, very much appreciated.

Reply to stain stop! help!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen