Search the forum,

Discuss Spot fixing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can someone find the video which someone put on, and tell me its a top job ? The substrate is superb and his method is 100% right ?

T

Time's Ran Out

Most times the client hasn't decided on the final wall covering/finish when the walls are prepared, so it's our job to know the limitations and put them forward and our responsibility to do the job professionally.
If you can't do that or they won't accept your advice - you have the final say!
You walk.

S

Ste450

Did I create this thread...no. Am I allowed to put across my opinion well...yes.
I've took a different approach this time round but again, the same idiots are here and can't construct a debate. As if I'm here to troll, I'm here to put a few people straight on the whole spot tiling method...people trying to get it banned, its hilarious! If you use common sense you can't go far wrong.

Timber walls, even if built new are a pain to get absolutely perfect (we're talking 1/8") especially when the lengths are damp, they tend to warp when drying out. The best studs I've seen are the metal ones, but they're not as strong.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Ste450

Spot dabbed tiles here...the worst I've ever had to remove! Had to use a medium sized kango! Still took two days to rip out. So, when people say that they're "prone to fall of the wall" I can only but disagree...and these weren't even 80% covered! Didn't even crack when smacked with a hammer!

IMG_7290.JPG IMG_7291.JPG

S

Ste450

Anyway, I'm not here for an argument, its just my view on the whole method so take it as you will. Thanks to those members who've not given me any shi*, in this thread and the last

B

Blunt Tool

QUOTE="Ste450, post: 856245, member: 47673"]Anyway, I'm not here for an argument, its just my view on the whole method so take it as you will. Thanks to those members who've not given me any shi*, in this thread and the last[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't say your method comes under dot dab method Ste450, not if you are adding 18 plus gauges of adhesive onto a 600x300 tile and pressing firm, would more or less end up as solid bed fix! Nobody I think is arguing with you about the rest of your workmanship, some nice pics there!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

Make your point but keep it civil!
Perhaps it's not your method that causes debate but the manner of your discussion. Respect others opinions and have some input on other topics.
Although everyone agrees with my views it's pretty rare on any forum.

S

Ste450

Perhaps it's not your method that causes debate but the manner of your discussion. Respect others opinions and have some input on other topics.

Again, my first post on this thread was civil! What part of it wasn't? How can I respect replies like "yawn" ...and the like to a genuine post. I suggest you look at the way other members reply.

S

Ste450

QUOTE="Ste450, post: 856245, member: 47673"]Anyway, I'm not here for an argument, its just my view on the whole method so take it as you will. Thanks to those members who've not given me any shi*, in this thread and the last
Wouldn't say your method comes under dot dab method Ste450, not if you are adding 18 plus gauges of adhesive onto a 600x300 tile and pressing firm, would more or less end up as solid bed fix! Nobody I think is arguing with you about the rest of your workmanship, some nice pics there![/QUOTE

Although its achieving nearly a solid bed, it's still a form of dot and dab and it has a stigma attached to it. A lot of people hear of it and think the worst, especially people who are not in the trade (customers) People come here to seek advice about things like this, so instead of people writing off the method, it should be made clear that as long as the coverage is sufficient and the tiling is flush and even, then the method is irrelevant :)

Reply to Spot fixing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen