Search the forum,

Discuss Self leveling Problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Saltire69

Hi all got a big problem.(inlaws). They tried to lay SL and max height was 6mm on the bag(B&Q)so they decided to lay 5 bags on top off one another with no bonding agent in between. I've started to lift it with a hammer and chisel cause it's all ready cracking. Is there anything that i can use to soften it as it's a bugger to get it off.(blisters on hands to prove it). And also what is the best way to see how level the floor is as they are saying it was about a 25-30mm slope on it.

P.s I had nothing to do with it but now i have to try and fix it cause their wanting it tiled.

G

GazTech

Hi all got a big problem.(inlaws). They tried to lay SL and max height was 6mm on the bag(B&Q)so they decided to lay 5 bags on top off one another with no bonding agent in between. I've started to lift it with a hammer and chisel cause it's all ready cracking. Is there anything that i can use to soften it as it's a bugger to get it off.(blisters on hands to prove it). And also what is the best way to see how level the floor is as they are saying it was about a 25-30mm slope on it.

P.s I had nothing to do with it but now i have to try and fix it cause their wanting it tiled.
you could hire a percussion drill with chisel bits (kango) for removal,and a long level or pole to determine the state of the floor when up....Gaz

C

ChaseTiling

SDS drill with roto stop and a flat head chisel bit.

Will cost you around £65 with the bit and will save you the pain of blisters and effort :)

Best regards,
Chase Tiling

Reply to Self leveling Problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen