Search the forum,

Discuss Rubi TR600-S - buying tomorrow in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

P'boro tiler

ive tried many manual tile cutters and nothing compares to a rubi twin rail in my eyes. Now i think im going to order a TR600s tomorrow and just wanted see if anyones rates it or thinks its crap????

thanks

joe

D

DHTiling

They are good cuters joe.. i have the 400s version ..but for the larger tiles i have the TX700n...this takes some beating...just depends upon what size tiles you are likely to fix most.....but the tr600s is a very versatile cutter and a lot lighter than the TX700n...

D

Daz

I use mine all the time, it's great.
Only complaint is that one of the pins for the breaker works itself loose from time to time, but it's easily pushed back in.

I get good clean cuts on all ceramics and most porcelain. Have only struggled with fully vitrified and "over the top fired" porcelain.

P

P'boro tiler

thanks for the quick replies. i think the TX will be to heavy and impractical for most jobs.

i notice on the rubi videos the guy sharply wacks the breaker rather than presses. What technique works best?

think i'll get mine from tradetiler as that place is the nutts

D

DHTiling

I use mine all the time, it's great.
Only complaint is that one of the pins for the breaker works itself loose from time to time, but it's easily pushed back in.

I get good clean cuts on all ceramics and most porcelain. Have only struggled with fully vitrified and "over the top fired" porcelain.

Is it not still in warranty..?

D

davy_G

Ive one, really happy with it, use the 'gold' 18 mm wheel for large format porcelain and can break 15 mm slivers off.
Agreed about one of the pins working loose but once you know what it is its easily kept an eye on.

D

Daz

Is it not still in warranty..?

I can't see Rubi being bothered about warranting the pin. As Davy says, it's a common occurrance; I've seen it on 2 other Tr600's. It's no big deal once you know about it.

Think I might get me one of those gold 18mm wheels, Davey.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

If the pin keeps coming out use some Locktight or Thread lock from your local car shop

P

P'boro tiler

got it today. love it! love it! cut hardest porcelain i had to test into 20mm strips.
how do you decide which scoring wheel to use though? is it small wheels for smooth tiles and large for bumpy or large for thick tiles????????????

thanks

M

markfromrubi

glad you like the cutter, if you do have any problems and the cutter has a manufacturing fault, then we will sort out the problem, all you have to do is get the company you bought it from to fill out a "Warranty Claim Form" and fax it back to RUBI.
also for best results it is better to hit the breaking arm as opposed to pressing it.
I hope this has helped:8:

Reply to Rubi TR600-S - buying tomorrow in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen