Search the forum,

Discuss rubi nd180bl-new blades in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gm140

Hi, I'm needing a new blade for my cutter it's starting to chip the edge of ceramics. Anyone know of a cheaper alternative to rubi's diamond blade as I grudge spending nearly £60 on a blade although I still want the same performance, greedy and miserable eh.

Graeme
ETL Pro Tiling

R

Richard Edwards

Rubi make a sanding block that will clean up your blades, however when your down to 1 / 2 mm left they don't cut as quick and time to chuck. I've tried lots and whilst most are cheaper than the genuine Rubi blade, I get much longer life from Rubi. - Just think of my big DR 750 with a 300 mm blade at £128 +vat ! Sanding blocks will extend the life of the blade. With Rubi blades - shop around !

D

doug boardley

my "sanding block" is an off cut of a sandstone window cill:thumbsup: I keep it in the tray of my dw200lps. It really does expose the underlying diamonds on your blade, but, if you have a cheap blade there isn't the diamonds there to expose and thus the chepo blades become a false economy imo.

S

suave

hi mate focus the diy shed do a 180mm blade by vitrex,i seen it today,cant remember if it was 15 or 25 quid,i also have the 180,maybe other members could advise if this would fit and if any good

Reply to rubi nd180bl-new blades in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen