Search the forum,

Discuss Renovation project in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I am a DIY self-renovator, running out of cash to pay the builder and therefore needing to take on work myself. I've tiled whole bathrooms and floors before, successsfully, but using basic DIY tools. Now, with a three-bathroom plus other tiled flooring project to complete, I thought my meager range of DIY tools needed updating and am placing an order with tiletrader for better hand tools, etc.
Coming onto cutting tiles, I laid a hallway in stone tiles using a very basic wet machine from Wickes. No real difficulties except for noise and getting completely soaked. That machine is lent out 100 miles away - it would cost more to fetch back than it's worth.
So I looked at new machines and am stuck between a Rubi ND-200 Wet Saw / Tile Cutter and a much cheaper Vitrex - QEP Pro-750 Wet Saw / Tile Cutter. All of the current project calls for ceramics at about 450x450x8mm- no stone. I don't plan on earning a living tiling, just doing tidy job for me in my own time. I may go on to other projects later - which just might call for thicker stone work, but not yet.
Any advice on which cutter to choose?

Thanks

G

Gazzer

I have been using a Plasplugs Mastertiler for years now, these are essentially the same as the Vitrex so I can honestly say its well worth the money and will be up to the job.

Reply to Renovation project in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen