Search the forum,

Discuss Remind me never to take a Darlington bus !!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I have been working in Darlington today and first thing this morning there were loads and loads of sirens.

The road was closed for quite a while.

Sent from my iPhone

P

paul damian

how on earth did the driver think that he was going to make it under that bridge in a bus ,,some shock i bet.

D

DHTiling

It is a very low bridge and low height signs are in place, have been for years.. must have been a new driver who didn't know the area.. or maybe cannot read road signs.. it is right next to Darlingtons new footy stadium..

W

White Room

It does say on the bridge "3.8m" and noticed it's on both sides...did notice a policeman checking with a laser measuring devise..

D

DHTiling

Crazy how the driver thought a 14 and half foot high bus would squeeze under 12 ft 8..:lol:

D

Deleted member 9966

there's a bridge in Stoke like that, right by the railway station. several times double deckers have gone under it and not won the contest. maybe double decker buses should be fitted with range finders, like rear parking sensors but on the front at the fullest height of the bus, so that when it approaches something too short, an alarm alerts the driver. but still, the drivers reactions have to be quick enough too.

Reply to Remind me never to take a Darlington bus !!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen