Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Public liability/employers liability rip off in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jonnyc

IVE JUST HAD A RENEWAL REMINDER FOR MY PUBLIC LIABILITY AND EMPLOYERS INSURANCE,

WAS INFORMED THAT THIS YEARS PREMIUM INCLUDING A MASSIVE £ 454.75 NO CLAIM DISCOUNT FOR NO CLAIMS IN 4 YEARS WAS £ 1928.13!!!

I have three manual employees plus me director and clerical part time worker.

public liability £ 1 million.
employer liabilty £10 million.

For first tiome in ten years i get another quote from alternative company.
Same deal for £ 440.00.
Both deals underwritten by Lloyds.
How is it possible that one quote can be 4 times another and the higher one is from the company i have been with for 10 years.
you would think they would want to look after me.
Went back to current insurer and informed of new quote and they said they would see what they could do.
came back with reduced quote for £ 1400.00. still nearly a thosand pounds more.
Now I feel i have ripped off for last ten years.
this new company called Tradesman saver and they have been very helpful.I seem to be getting the same deal.
Should i name and shame my current insurer .

they are surely ripping me off

G

Gazzer

I had the same thing with car insurance, I went elsewhere after receiving my renewal and got same deal but a lot cheaper with same main insurer (MMA)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i dont think ive ever stayed with the same ins firm for more than a year, im sure they think peeps will just renew there ins, an hour on the laptop shopping arround and you can save yourself £££££££££££££

J

jonnyc

nat west insurance are my current insurers .
runs out in 4 days.
dont think i will be renewing.
anyone got another good insurer to recommend based on 3 employees/me and part time clerical worker.

M

Muse2k8

Pretty sure there's a comparison website for pli. Used it myself and saved a fortune. Was about £600 including 1 employee, cover for tools left in the van and hot work and water work. £2mil too :)

P

Perry

nat west insurance are my current insurers .
runs out in 4 days.
dont think i will be renewing.
anyone got another good insurer to recommend based on 3 employees/me and part time clerical worker.
the banks need the money that is how they make a big bonus only need a 100 of you an extra £100000

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It might be due to the fact that you haven't shopped around in 4 years they think you are a push over. Shop around annually as clearly it can save you big bucks.

C

carlito

Nice one Jonny. Was lookin for some and just gone with them. Best quote by far. :hurray:

Reply to Public liability/employers liability rip off in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks