Search the forum,

Discuss Pebble Border in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tilestiles

Just priced a job and customer got a 70mm deep pebble border. Pebbles approx 8mm in size and very tightly packed onto border. They are Laura Ashley natural sone borders and the pebbles are ivory in colour. Customer wants ivory grout also but I am a little worried as I have never fitted one of these borders before. My concerns are as follows

a) Is it normal to grout over the pebbles on the border thus covering all the spaces / voids between the pebbles

b) If answer to above is yes, will the ivory grout blend in with the border pebbles thus spoiling the effect or would white be a better option

c) If they shouldnt be grouted, how to avoid getting the grout between the voids between the pebble when grouting rest of the tiles

Any advice much appreciated

W

White Room

70mm border nearly 3 inches, I have got right. Personaly never seen one that large before.

D

david campbell

ivory grout should be fine and the pebbles should be grouted also,i think you will probably need to seal the pebbles depending on what they are made from:thumbsup:

J

jay

hi as david said try this lay pebbles out and spray with sure seal grout sealer (cant remember the name of your brand someone will pop up with it soon) comes in arosole can or in bulk anyway spray them let dry and then fix using light colored adh when dry grout youl find the pebbles wont stain when job finished seal pebbled area hope that helps:8:

T

Tilestiles

Pebbles are natural stone so was going to seal anyway 1st with lithofin prior to fitting and again after grouting.

J

jay

hi tilestiles the reason for using sure seal is its quick and easy then you seal pebbles and the grout in one pebbles need lots of grout downside to them :8:

T

Tilestiles

He / she is a beauty!! I too have a GSD (He is 10 yrs old now) Dread the day when he is no longer with us!!

J

jay

its hard hopefully if i can find another next year they are very loyal {her name is Dekka) thanks:8:

Reply to Pebble Border in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen