Currently reading:
Palace Chemicals

Discuss Palace Chemicals in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
rotherham
I use palace flexi adhesive and flexi grout everyday(its what my boss buys)on timber floors i always use an enhancer just for piece of mind ,but on solid floors i just use it as recommended,however palace do have a massive range for varying surfaces as for bargain basement stuff i would rather use palace stuff than bal,butech,mapei etc,but thats just me.

why would you add an enhancer to a all ready modified addy , it dont make sense to me, i assume by enhancer u mean flexi addetive

T

Tricks13

Thanks for your replies all.
The only failure i have had was using Topp Fix single part rapid which didnt go off, having used it many a time i took it back to my local store, the whole batch was tested and the same problem was found! Palace washed there hands of it and denied anything was wrong1 There MD, Charles Clapham actually told his sales rep to lie to Topps so that he didnt lose his contract with them and then sacked his sales rep when he refused to do this!!! The man is ruthless and i just wanted a general view!

G

Gazzer

The only failure i have had was using Topp Fix single part rapid which didnt go off, having used it many a time i took it back to my local store, the whole batch was tested and the same problem was found! Palace washed there hands of it and denied anything was wrong1 There MD, Charles Clapham actually told his sales rep to lie to Topps so that he didnt lose his contract with them and then sacked his sales rep when he refused to do this!!! The man is ruthless and i just wanted a general view!

And do you have proof of this statement ?

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
why not just use rapid set then and addetive, it would be better imo, i was under the impression u should never modify an all ready modified addy , but hey if it works for you so be it

I dont do that because my boss doesnt buy rapid set,if i modified rapid set i would still only be getting the same .Am not sure where your coming from?if the bag says rapid flexi then its not modified ,as its made for what it says on the bag,but it is totally down to trust on my part.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

So you got your sales rep friend sacked then?

D

Discount Tile Supplies

Funny old stuff this adhesive lark. Many dry too quick, many dont dry for days and some just dont stick at all. Think we've seen them all by now. All manufactures IMHO have had some problems. Few free bags or tubs usually does the job and lots of sorry's, unless its a massive job.

But going back to Palace, i have dealt with them for 15 years plus and Mr Clapham has never been involved in selling me adhesive.

Will mention this next time i meet their other MD and get his comments, which i wont post but will PM Dan with.

But dont believe what most reps say, is it sour grapes? its tough out their selling adhesive and Topps wouldn't take it laying down that there was a problem with their sticky.

Reply to Palace Chemicals in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.