Search the forum,

Discuss Outbid! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

david campbell

it was me !
i quoted £119................lol:lol:

as i always say dougie
you pay peanuts you get monkeys :mad2:

T

The D

Who was that masked man they say (it was the lone ranger )
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxIuIxqo2So]YouTube - The Lone Ranger Opening Theme Song[/ame] :lol::lol::lol:

W

White Room

but guy seemed confident that it was plain and straight forward

lol-044.gif
lol-044.gif

S

Scott

Customer ignorance! Thats half the problem, if they enquired what the 'going rate' was then they should be able to gauge for themselves what kind of job/person is going to do the work.

What really gets my goat is when you know the person doing it will probably end up invoicing the same amount as you quoted when they realise that its going to take longer, or add on any extras.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hawkofeagles

I was talking to a friend who lives in around North London. I asked him what his day rate was and was stuned to find out that it was £80. He said he knows it's a stupid figure but even at that rate he can't get any work, people say he's too expensive. He did say he has been under cut by a bunch of polish lads who are working at a day rate of £50:yikes:..

S

Scott

Does he want a full time job? I pay labourers more than that to rip out bathroom suites and im not that far from North London!

M

mikethetile

this doesnt surprise me in the least, its happening all over the area and will continue untill thers a restriction on eu immigration

R

Richard Edwards

I pay my labourers £90 a day and my rate is signicantly higher - yes I'm not cheap but its what I need to run my business. Let the idiot customers run with idiot ' so called fixers / plumbers / installers' and we will come back later and charge the right rate to put it all correct when it goes t--ts up.

On more serious note - I think it will come down to a Guild of Mastercraftsman type approach before too long as other trades are tightening up standards, we will or should do the same - Kite mark / seal of approval etc.

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Outbid! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen