Search the forum,

Discuss No show! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

I constantly see on here, two sides to how much work people have on. On the one side we have good men, who are really finding it tough out there, and on the other side those who are booked up solid for months. This week, I have seen another side, those amongst us who just cant be bothered to turn up, and not even bother to ring or apologise, just leave you floating around with a client slaughtering you on the other end of the phone. TWICE this week on the same contract I have been let down at the last minute, the first man texted me at 8.30 on Monday morning saying he had broken down on the motorway, and couldnt get to the job, but would be able to start on Tuesday. So I had to apologise to the client, and re-book it for the following day....then I had to rebook it again till Wednesday, when I got another phone call back saying he couldnt do the work at all! So I booked in someone else for Wednesday, he was asked to be there at 8am, at 8.30 I got a text saying 'your man hasn't arrived'. So I rang and surprise surprise the phone went onto answerphone...rang again same thing, rang again same thing. Then at 8.50 I had to ring the client to tell him I couldnt get hold of the lad either.

I got slaughtered by the client, and he had every reason to slaughter me, the bathroom had been out of action for 3 days and we had let him down. To make matters even worse, this was a private job for a director of one of my main contractors. So the knock on effects are so catastrophic, they do not even bear thinking about. I had to pull another lad of another job and get the work started yesterday, and pay him premium rate to get the works completed. I am still reeling from the fall out of this complete shambolic mess up.

What the hell is going on these days? has it got to the point where common decency has gone out the window? I have never ripped anyone off, knocked them, always done the right thing. What is the point, in being 'good and fair?' someone will just take the p and doesn't give it a second thought.

And you know what the sad thing is? both of these men, still haven't called in to apologise or explain. So when they come knocking on the door in a few weeks time...you know what the answer will be.

I really feel like naming and shaming.

Lynn

D

DHTiling

I find we do have some betty bull$hitters on here regards to how busy some say they are...

Then they post all day long ,day in day out.... work that one out.. :)

B

bugs183

Wow Pebbs, i bet you were furious.
That's just plain rude, and if they've made no effort to resolve the situation then that is apalling.
At least you know not to use those fella's again.
Hang in there. :mad2:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
There is no reason for not ringing texting and apologising. These people spend half their time on the phone anyway, arseing about on twitter or facebook, but can never get round to the important stuff that matters!!!

I've just been working with a plumber and his apprentice and the phones never stop going with texts, updates etc. nothing to do with work either but it just slows the job down. Not my plumber so I'm loathe to say anything, although I could have gladly put both their phones in a bucket of rapidset.

If I'm going to be late to a customers, very occasionally, I ring and let them know.

I'm with you on this one Pebbs, next time they ring for work, just let it go to answerphone and don't return the call, they'll get the message, literally.

Cheers and hope it gets better.

P

Pebbs

These are 'grown men' its sickening, I mean in every sense on Wednesday I had a melt down after that phone call, I was at the end of my tether, then you start worrying and thinking what if something has happened to him? But if something had happened to him I would have heard by now. I want to say something in the arms, as one of them is on this forum, but I have to shut my mouth, but truth be told I want to rip his head of. Strip the b****** of his JOTM badge because I know something no one else knows, and show him for what he really is. A waste of space and some more.

I apologise for the rant, its been a really crap week.

Lynn

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Complete lack of respect and decency.
They're on the forum? I take it they've not said anything through here about why they never bothered to show. I can understand the frustration. Id be tempted to call them out in the arms as well pebbs

G

Gazzer

These are 'grown men' its sickening, I mean in every sense on Wednesday I had a melt down after that phone call, I was at the end of my tether, then you start worrying and thinking what if something has happened to him? But if something had happened to him I would have heard by now. I want to say something in the arms, as one of them is on this forum, but I have to shut my mouth, but truth be told I want to rip his head of. Strip the b****** of his JOTM badge because I know something no one else knows, and show him for what he really is. A waste of space and some more.

I apologise for the rant, its been a really crap week.

Lynn

Hmmm not good at all but in fairness JOTM is a comp and if he won then it should stay......that said if same person has a TA tag then it would be my thought to remove that.
Now we have speculation over who this JOTM winner is !! ......lots of pointy fingers ??

T

Time's Ran Out

Bemused as to why this amount of detail was provided in the first place! A simple thank you for letting me down Mr xxxx would have been suffice, and now the witch hunt will begin.
Just because someone logs onto the forum a few times it doesn't make them a tiler, there tends to be more to being a professional then sticking tiles on and taking a photo. Washing the laundry in public never appeals to me and sometimes by not responding to one side of the issue it somehow forms a guilty slant!

G

Gazzer

Agreed John and now we have the finger of suspicion pointing toward that particular group. Whether or not he or she was a winner it still does not change the fact that another person was let down.

Reply to No show! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen