Search the forum,

Discuss nightmare day... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
ripping up some old tiles today on a kitchen floor with my SDS gun, suddenly theres a fountain of water heading for the ceiling, went through a bloody pipe....:mad2:

quickly turned the water off to find the pipes no more than 3 mm under the screed.....wtf....surely thats not building regs, is it?..

managed to dig round the pipe, and my plumber mate came and fixed it....cost me £30......so not the end of the world, still peed off about it though..

J

Jeff the tiler

Have done that, and it was at my own home! Was the pipe covered in horse hair webbing it seemed this way was quite common in the 70's.

B

Bubblecraft

Seriously, 3mm? That's nuts. No wonder you hit it. Well, at least it's an easy fix but its something as simple as that that holds you back. Hope you got as much done as you wanted with minimum amount of damage

D

DHTiling

ripping up some old tiles today on a kitchen floor with my SDS gun, suddenly theres a fountain of water heading for the ceiling, went through a bloody pipe....:mad2:

quickly turned the water off to find the pipes no more than 3 mm under the screed.....wtf....surely thats not building regs, is it?..

managed to dig round the pipe, and my plumber mate came and fixed it....cost me £30......so not the end of the world, still peed off about it though..

Did you get wet :lol:

W

White Room

Surprised at 3mm deep the screed was'nt cracked along where the pipe was running....

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Should have tipped a bit of primer on the floor. Diluted & u don't have to brush it out.

C

charlie1

excrement happens, we are in the business of at times removing a lot of material from peoples homes to redo them, its not like we are painters (no disrespect) and sometimes we need to use heavy duty tools to get the job done as efficiently as possible, dont do yourself in about it!! Its how you deal with it that counts mate!

Reply to nightmare day... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen