Search the forum,

Discuss Next week is going to be Brilliant in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Last week - customer reversed their 4x4 tank (Cherokee Jeep) into the front of my van. Installing a toughened glass shower screen when it exploded (literally) in my hands! Next week - customers insurers (Admiral) have arranged to have van repaired, given me a hire van, and shower screen supplier replaced glass for me at 45% discount. I find tiling is so much more relaxing. :thumbsup:

Reaction score
:incazzato: lol... I am informed by the manufacturer that toughened glass is weakest on its edges, and I must have scratched it on a bit of tile when I was fitting it?? This is a difficult one for me - I have fitted probably half a dozen frameless shower screens in the last year - this has never happened to me before. My first priority is always my customer, and I take full responsibility for the work I do (even with supplied materials). So my first action was clear up mess, tell customer what happened and order a replacement. I seriously doubt that I can prove a manufacturing defect without spending more money than the cost of its replacement.

Reply to Next week is going to be Brilliant in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen