Search the forum,

Discuss Newbie to the site in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter Woods

Hi

just joined the site ( twice actually the last membership disappeared in the ether). It was recommended by Darren at NETT. Great course I did the initial and natural stone. I have havd a small bathroom fitting company running for two years this week. I initially did the tiling but I could see that I needed a tiler to finish our work to speed up the projects and leave a professional finish. I was too slow.
I had a couple of bad experiences with work I farmed out, where the work was very sub-standard or not cleaned up costing me time and money to finish their mess!
Darren and Tracey's course has had immediate impact where I have just completed a wet room in my own home ( Aquadec and Devimat kit ) , a vertical brickwork pattern with an integral vertical mosaic pattern that had to flow from one wall across the floor and up into a shower cubicle. Then there was a parallel mosaic that came up the back of a bath. This was for a graphic designer who was millimetre perfect. The latest one was a 6"x3" white brickwork effect on a wall with black granite on the floor. This was a piece of p*ss to mark out using Darren's techniques and the customer loved the chat about sealing the granite. The photos will follow once the woodwork is painted. I will be using this one on business cards as I put in some concealed taps and a spout to feed a Villeroy and Boch stand alone basin - Tis is a utility room!!!!

Anyway, the forum is great, the info is top notch and it's improved my profits!

Pete

P

Peter Woods

Gaz,

thanks for the manual it just needed to be tightened up to stop it "bowing" when it cut.

Pete

Reply to Newbie to the site in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen