Search the forum,

Discuss My next car choices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

Right boys and girls, I'm having a torrid time trying to make a decision about what car to have next. The corsa goes back in the middle of May next year, and I need to sort myself out and make a decision. Mr GRR's car also goes back next year (September) so we're looking really for 2 cars to suit all our needs.

The needs are:
~ Big boot space for all my camping gear (I have a small addiction to camping)
~ 5 doors this time (3 door cars are useless when you have a mother who treats you like a taxi)
~ One car has to travel 30 miles round trip on dual carriageways mainly
~ One car has to travel 24 miles round trip on single carriageways and country roads
~ All need to be family proof as I intend on keeping these cars for 5 years

So I've narrowed it down to three different cars - Land Rover Discovery Td5, Vauxhall Vectra 1.9cdti and a Skoda Fabia 1.9tdi VRs.

Let me know by voting in my poll what combination of the above two you think you would have given the choice. If you vote Other please let me know what the Other choice will be.

S

SandyFloor

Before you go for a Disco check out the stopping distances on any 4WD and compare to any standard saloon. You might also find it difficult to get those figures for 4WD's.

S

ScottG13

2009_audi_q7_v12_tdi_quattro_main.jpg

mitsubishi10.jpg also with the evo when it snows you can go 'yes its snowing! just popping out for a drive'

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
have you thought about a freelander my mother inlaw has just bought one and im well impressed with it and she loves it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I voted Fabia and Discovery. I wouldn't have a vectra personally.

Fabia's are basically an Audi A3/ VW Golf/ Seat Leon, all brilliant cars.

Not sure what engine the VRs has in it though.

D

Deleted member 9966

Are you buying or leasing? and if your buying, new or used?

buying used this time Oli. 2 cars, 8k to spend combined. I wonder how hard it's going to be to find decent examples for that price :lol:

S

Stewart

Skoda beat BMW and Audi as a better car in several polls and motoring mags.

Voted for TD5 and Skoda. Td5 can be high maintenance if you pick the wrong one, but I had one for 4 years and only had to pay for an Mot, service and tyres. If your into camping and the outdoor life, then I couldn't reccomended a landy highly enough. They do cost more to run, but the benefits make it worth it and will do anything you ask of it if you maintain it properly.

Reply to My next car choices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen