Search the forum,

Discuss Materials calculator in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sWe

I think it's fun to make spreadsheets. As a test, I've adapted part of spreadsheet I made for calculating material amounts. This specific part handles grout amounts, that is, how much grout powder you need for specific tile sizes and grout widths on any given surface.

It involves a little math from the user's side, but it's nothing complicated. Have a look and tell me what you think.

If the feedback is positive, and there is sufficient interest, I might translate and adapt some of the other spreadsheets I've made for calculating material amounts. I've made spreadsheets for adhesive, grout (including silicone), waterproofing, leveling with SLC (includes a function for diluting with sand), primer, and a few more.

I'm uploading in both .xls and .odf. Please tell me if there are any incompatibilites in the .xls version, as I made the sheet in OpenOffice.

Enjoy.

Edit: Uploaded a new extended version, have a look furter down.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sibs

Re: Grout calculator

Nice one sWe I've successfully managed to download it. Very good of you to do this for everyones benifit and I hope you can post some more :hurray:

S

sWe

No problem mate. I've had a request PM'ed to me to upload my other spreadsheets as well. I will do that as soon as I've translated and adapted them. Atm, they're geared for products availible on the Swedish market (specifically, Ardex's Swedish product range), and Swedish methods, but it shouldn't be that hard to make them more 'generic'.

S

sWe

Here's a more extensive spreadsheet. It covers primer (with a function for diluting the primer), adhesive, grout, and silicone. It comes with instructions on how to use it, and how to figure out relevant numbers using the specs of individual products.

I'll do a module, perhaps tomorrow evening, which will cover tanking and SLC as well.

I really hope some of you find this as useful as I do. Once you've got the relevant values of the products you normally use figured out, it literally takes less than two minutes to figure out the exact amounts of materials you need for most tiling jobs.

Edit: Added screenshots, fixed some minor translations...

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Materials calculator in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen