Currently reading:
Levelling 80m2 Concrete Slab (1 To 30mm)

Discuss Levelling 80m2 Concrete Slab (1 To 30mm) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I used mapei latex trade for 850m2. I don't know what was paid as I didnt supply!

Attachments

• 2015-01-19 12.58.10.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
  • 2015-01-22 14.41.35.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 41

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Oh, I always understood "cannot accept traffic directly" to mean it cannot be used as the final finish and must be covered (i.e. with a floor finish such as tile, wood, carpet, etc)?
Afraid not.

Flooring that moves as you walk on it, ie carpet and floating wood floors, wear the surface down quite quick.

Pretty sure I'm not mixing up my technical specification sheets here. I might have to go read a bit to confirm.

E

EViS

I'd be using tilemaster levelflex.. if you have the use of a laser level (if not borrow one) set that up then walk around the slab with a staff marking highs n lows on staff and floor as you go. Once you've found all your dips put a straight edge over them and draw the dips on the floor with a marker. Prime n level to a feathered edge.
We've done just this and tbf a majority of the floor is within 10mm. There are only a handful of obvious dips upto 30mm max.

Sounds like a good plan with the straight edge (I was going to hand trowel the SLC about), but I think I'd prefer to 'wash' the whole floor with SLC to get it sweet.

Reply to Levelling 80m2 Concrete Slab (1 To 30mm) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement