Discuss Is this acceptable lippage? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
It must be bad if you can feel them under feet with shoes on do you have spare tiles that you can put together to see if they were different thickness was the tiler from Kilsyth

Reaction score
It must be bad if you can feel them under feet with shoes on do you have spare tiles that you can put together to see if they were different thickness was the tiler from Kilsyth
Aye it is bad. Yes he’s from here. Came highly recommend too which makes it even more puzzling as to why this job is such a mess.
yeah done that with tiles & measured them too. No difference I can see with the eye. Contacted who I bought them off & they confirmed they are the same sizes.

Reaction score
A think a no him without naming names the thing is a lot of people think he’s a good tiler but he has probly now done more bad jobs than good ones but still gets work

Reaction score
A think a no him without naming names the thing is a lot of people think he’s a good tiler but he has probly now done more bad jobs than good ones but still gets work
That’s grim. There certainly weren’t any warning signs of what was about to happen. Even showed him the bathrooms & spoke about doing them next once the kitchen was done.

Reaction score
A lot of trades now have Facebook pages and my builder feed back could you not leave a message on that if he has one to warn others a no it’s not helping your case rite enough if it was my house a would be rite to his door for my money back 😡😡

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
If these are Topps Starluxe then their spec for fixing these tiles is Bal PTB fibre plus with admix and they are a resin quartz. I'm doubting the admix was used here though.

Reaction score
A lot of trades now have Facebook pages and my builder feed back could you not leave a message on that if he has one to warn others a no it’s not helping your case rite enough if it was my house a would be rite to his door for my money back 😡😡
Yeah that will be getting done. Had him round the house & he offered us our £ back & left. Expecting it through the door the next day & nothing. Gave him a few days then contacted him & he said there will be no £ as that would be him admitting it’s a bad job. Hence why it’s now heading to the small claims
[automerge]1574006605[/automerge]
If these are Topps Starluxe then their spec for fixing these tiles is Bal PTB fibre plus with admix and they are a resin quartz. I'm doubting the admix was used here though.
Can only remember there was a Bal tub I took to the skip after the job was done.
I feel the floor is solid & have no concerns that it would move or break up. Seems to be stuck down well. Only concern is the volume of lippage everywhere.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'm less Inclined to believing it was a size issue of the different coloured tiles. It changes per image to the black being higher and then the white being higher and this is also shown in the video clip. I'm not saying they are the exact same thickness to the mm but if it was the case it would consistently be one colour higher than the other all over surely?

Reaction score
I'm less Inclined to believing it was a size issue of the different coloured tiles. It changes per image to the black being higher and then the white being higher and this is also shown in the video clip. I'm not saying they are the exact same thickness to the mm but if it was the case it would consistently be one colour higher than the other all over surely?
I agree.

Reaction score
A couldn’t see the video a was just going on the pictures and the white tiles seem lower than the black ones that’s why a was saying that it mite be the different coloured once

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
FYI if these were Topps Starluxe range you should have had zero issues with size differences. 37sqm done and all were equal thickness 👍

20191126_143916.jpg

D

Dumbo

It's installer error , we used to fix given slate years ago which would vary in thickness between one end and the other and for the most part it was better than your floor

Reply to Is this acceptable lippage? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks