Search the forum,

Discuss Is there always a right and wrong way? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

We had to do a little sliver cut

Gutted!

cut.jpg

Tiles were 600mm long. Tiles were 3 x 600mm plus a 10mm gap.
Total wall was 1810mm Rows were 9 tiles floor to ceiling.

Option was to cut five tiles and waste them. or to add the 10mm sliver.

The tiles below were cut just over the half way mark (of 300mm) to 310mm) so we could do it with the second row. Only possibility would be to go for 400mm cut and a 200mm cut.

Even trying to work the math on this post hurts my head.

At the end we just added a sliver in the corner hidden by a towel rail for the majority of the five rows and with one sliver at the top but hidden behind the bathroom door.

Suprisingly I did beat myself up for ages on that... Another obvious thing was to pack out the wall with a 9mm plasterboard. But are we really that picky?

A

aejrd

We had to do a little sliver cut

Gutted!

cut.jpg

Tiles were 600mm long. Tiles were 3 x 600mm plus a 10mm gap.
Total wall was 1810mm Rows were 9 tiles floor to ceiling.

Option was to cut five tiles and waste them. or to add the 10mm sliver.

The tiles below were cut just over the half way mark (of 300mm) to 310mm) so we could do it with the second row. Only possibility would be to go for 400mm cut and a 200mm cut.

Even trying to work the math on this post hurts my head.

At the end we just added a sliver in the corner hidden by a towel rail for the majority of the five rows and with one sliver at the top but hidden behind the bathroom door.

Suprisingly I did beat myself up for ages on that... Another obvious thing was to pack out the wall with a 9mm plasterboard. But are we really that picky?
why didnt u just start it 15cm to the left or right of where u started from???

Reply to Is there always a right and wrong way? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.