Search the forum,

Discuss house of horror's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

howard

i went to price a job today and looked inside the shower cubical i noticed a cable coming from the shower i am no spark but it looked very thin for a shower cable i then followed the cable to see where it went i could not believe it when i found it wired to a plug and plugged in a socket i asked the lady who had fitted this she told me it was a spark she knew i told her to report him to the hse the guy wants shooting has anyone else come across cowboys like this before

U

uug197h

howard If you get the job tell her to get a sparky to rewire it before you tile You don't need a shock

H

howard

already told her to get a decent spark she was so grateful that i pointed this out to her she gave me the job plus 2 other tiling jobs

H

howard

the worst thing was the lady was holding her 6 month old baby as i discovered this the thought of what could of happened

K

kapitan

ive got hundreds of cowboy stories, one of my favourites is the bloke who fitted a folding seat in a shower, two screws and siliconed onto the tiles , the wimmen woz about 20 stone and fell on her ar*e on first sitting!! or the bloke who when fitting a patterned border on a floor couldnt get the lines to match so painted it in with nail varnish, gave the bottle to the customer with tile paint written on it and told her to paint it in when worn off!! :confused:

T

tony TLC

nice one howy nice to see someone has customers health issues in mind
always be aware of the blazing six guns could save your own life too
my hero :) :) :shades_smile:

C

CON5933

Look on the bright side....the cable going under the shower would have acted as 'under floor' heating as it melted:)

Reply to house of horror's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen