Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Hardie backer screws in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Rudy45

TF
Reaction score
will these stainless screws be ok for hardie backer?

https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/ultra-s...k-multipurpose-screws-4-x-40mm-200-pack/79985

Do you need to drill pilot holes?

Rudy45

TF
Reaction score
Is 4x40 ok to secure 12mm hardie to studs. I’m not sure

I would say 25mm is even too long for 6mm to the floor, there’s no need to come out beneath chipboard,

I have 16mm screws for floor, it will be put down with adhesive as well

D

Dumbo

25 mm fine for floor with 22mm t and g chipboard and 6mm Hardie . Personally I would use 4.5 by 50 for the walls

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
25mm turbo gold for 6mm hardie on floors is perfect. No risk of hitting unseen pipework and plenty of bite
35-40mm turbogold on stud walls

W

Waluigi

These bad boys if going into your Geberit wall frame.
Straight in, no drilling.

1A3AF6CE-1CC7-4AEF-B431-38E4B2AAEDEB.jpeg

AA3D0259-8344-46B0-8E06-32580F5BFD58.jpeg

Colo

TF
Reaction score
The heads snap off stainless screws as they are not as strong as steel. Follow the advice from the lads on here and use turbo gold. I have never had one snap.

Reply to Hardie backer screws in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks