Currently reading:
Glasgow

Discuss Glasgow in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
Pete but for 600 porcs???

I know most of us on here could make a decent wage on this but £14/m2 for a tile that size...

I get what you're saying Stef but for contract work you don't get much more. You've got the tiling contractor taking a cut, The shop fitting firm taking a cut too. I've just had some lads doing a job for me and I wasn't paying much more than that. I guess it depends what kind of work people are use to doing but personally I think you can make a great wage doing jobs like that on that sort of price.

R

Rookery

I'm with Pete. So long as the floor is good and you've got a clear run you could easily earn more than on domestic work.
I've been making better money at the moment on contract tiling, yep the rates are lower but there's more to go at.
I agree too. If you're set up well a good team can bang down loads of metres on a commercial contract and make good money.

Reply to Glasgow in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement