Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Free business advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

cjbombero

There is a lot of really good advice on the site about making a go of being a self-employed tiler. As someone who is taking their very first steps in the business it is all very much appreciated. As many of you experienced professionals have said it is really important that people new to the job have realistic expectations and that piles of cash won't just land on your doorstep!

The one bit of advice that I can personally promote for new businesses is using a company called Business Link.gov.uk. They are a government funded organisation that provide free courses for people wanting to start up their own company. I have attended a half day course on how to start a new business and a full day course on business planning which gave me loads of useful information on Tax, Insurance, company registration, grants, NVQ accreditation, courses etc.

I beieve this really did give me a reality check and also helped me to avoid some potentially expensive mistakes! Only reason I heard about it is because my wife is an Advice & Guidance worker so I thought i should let others know that this support is out there.

C

Carl Hammond

Re: Free business adive

Just thought I would say its good of you to put all the data mentioned above on here mate, thanks

C

cjbombero

Thanks for the reply, hope the information is of some use. It's certainly better than my spelling! (Free Tiling Advice sounds a lot better!):mad2:

W

White Room

Good link mate, wish there'd been around when I started would saved me some hard learning

Reply to Free business advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks