Search the forum,

Discuss Floods in cumbria: in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sean fsy

i live in workington where the bridges have collapsed and the police man was swept away. cockermouth is about 7 miles away. Absolute devastation here. crippled the complete area. the policemans body was found about 15 miles away on Allonby beach, cant beleive it what taken that far in a couple of hours. There Should be plenty of work for me for the next few years i would say.
These pics were taken from my dads back garden:
DSCN8740.jpg

DSCN8741.jpg

DSCN8751.jpg

DSCN8756.jpg

DSCN8749.jpg

W

White Room

I heard that Kendal was affected, thought that was Dougs neck of the woods.

That is going to take time to clear up

D

doug boardley

I was in Center Parcs (Penrith) this week, but driving back to Kendal there was a helluva lot of land under water. Staff member at Center Parcs said that 150 staff from west cumbria didn't make it in to work today, which was a blow, as friday is the busiest day of the week (changeover day). Some of my Facebook friends have posted pics of River Kent (through Kendal) I'll see if I can post them:thumbsup:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Very bad.............Its getting worse.

The doom mongers will be having a field day with the global warming/Climate stuff.

Mind you..........somebody HAS to be right. The climate has defo changed since I was a little-un :yikes:

S

Sean fsy

Years and years ago when the graveyard flooded people say that because the coffins have trapped air in them that they rasie to the surface. the coffins then went down the river and ended up at the docks.:yikes:

D

doug boardley

this was from yesterday, 5 years ago, the River Kent was even higher, (got pics somewhere, on my other pc I think!)

S

sherbert

saw it on the news tonight im glad im well away from it i hope everyone gets back to normal as soon as they can if thats possible

D

doug boardley

that's Miller Bridge in Kendal Dave, one of 3 very similar stone built bridges through the town, and probably gonna get inspected when the river levels drop

Reply to Floods in cumbria: in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen