Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Dot n Dab around a door frame issues. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

danmasey

How do you guys board around doors? If i go up to the architrave then the tiles will be too proud, if i remove the architrave then you'll always see the edge of the board and tiles from the side of the door. (if you follow). Can this be avoided? If so how do you guys normally finish this off?

Any pis??

B

Bubblecraft

Option 1 - Remove your facing, sheet on top of your standard leaving 3mm short. Tile up to your standard & bring your trim flush or refit your facing flush. You can fill to the thickness of your PB with silicone.

Option 2 - Remove your facing, sheet on top of your standard running flush. Fill the ingles of your standard up to your door check with 4mm ply out to the depth of your tile. Tile up to your standard & bring your trim flush or refit your facing flush on top of your 4mm ply. You will need to plane the height of your door by 4mm & width by 8mm. This option is more work but a far better finish.

qa6eteqe.jpg
y9anamyh.jpg
5e7atutu.jpg
eda2ahu4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
C

charlie1

I usualy remove facings then fit a timber packer that matches the standard / facing then customer can paint or varnish once facings have neen reinstalled. Hope you follow

O

Ollie02948

Take architrave of, Do what you have to do re board tile etc. then a strip of wood around door frame to finished wall surface then architrave will fit back flush.

D

danmasey

Take architrave of, Do what you have to do re board tile etc. then a strip of wood around door frame to finished wall surface then architrave will fit back flush.

Strip of wood where mate? You mean something thin to cover the door frame itself? Like 5" wide? Meaning I'd have to plane te door down all round?? Or have am I getting confused?

C

charlie1

Strip of wood where mate? You mean something thin to cover the door frame itself? Like 5" wide? Meaning I'd have to plane te door down all round?? Or have am I getting confused?

Think he means, remove facing , then tile up to standard. Rip piece of wood (thickness of tile+adhesive) and attatch to standard bringing standard level with face of tile then fit facing over top of tile :)

Reply to Dot n Dab around a door frame issues. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks