Search the forum,

Discuss Don't you just love insurance companies. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

Used to do quite a bit for a firm who done insurance work but wasn't working out. Good rates were paid but they just wanted as much profit as possible. ie if the insurance company gave them 50k for a refit they'd have tried to do it for 25k, then a lot of the time it cost them more in the long run with snagging/wrong things fitted etc.

Although there were the chancer customers too who were trying to squeeze as much out of the job as possible since they're not paying for it.

W

White Room

I found it was more the customer who tried to take the pee rather than the insurance company.....

afright

TF
Reaction score
Did a insurance quote never heard a thing from the customer 9 months on got a phone call from insurance company they wanted in detail all work that I done and a guarantee on the work done to be put in writing ,I explained that I never done the work they asked me to put that I never done the work for the customer in writing ,asking them what do I get out of it they said well nothing told them to sling there hook.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
nightmare ,i advise customers i charge for insurance quotes now as half the time they are just after 2 quotes as asked for but wont pay excess themselves

afright

TF
Reaction score
nightmare ,i advise customers i charge for insurance quotes now as half the time they are just after 2 quotes as asked for but wont pay excess themselves
I to have started to charge for insurance quotes after being caught out a few times you can tell if they are genuine about having the job done or if they are just out for the money.

Reply to Don't you just love insurance companies. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen