Search the forum,

Discuss cscs card / nvq in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

Chaps, I guess from my previous posts I will now have to eat humble pie. I now wish to get my CSCS card and subsequently NVQ accreditation. In the process of sorting out some on site asessement etc. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has gone down the on site asessement route - how did you find the process.
Need this now as I have the chance of a lot of work all over the country, but need the necessary paperwork :mad2:

D

DHTiling

I will move this to the nvq forum mate...chase will sort this for you...( that's concept to you ).....
----
Have a read of this forum...full of info on cscs etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Leatherface

Thanks, have spoken to Anthony at Chase today, he was vey helpfull. Just wanted to hear from anyone who had already been through the process

C

ChaseTiling

Thanks, have spoken to Anthony at Chase today, he was vey helpfull. Just wanted to hear from anyone who had already been through the process
Nick,

Good to speak to you at last mate ;)

What I said on the phone is exactly how easy it is to get an NVQ2.

And I am more than happy to help you get it in the bag as quickly as possible with minimum fuss so that you can get on with your work and be ahead of the game.

Don't worry about eating the pie mate - I'm suprised there is any left from Tilers across the UK now wanting to get the NVQ done. We have call after call here at the centre from tilers panicking because the work is going to the qualified work force.

Speak soon mate,
Ant :)

F

Fekin

A cscs card is a Construction Skills Certification Scheme.

It's basically a health and saftey course, and once you have passed it, it proves your competency and their awareness of health and safety, enabling you to work on construction sites that require CSCS graded workers on site.

Not all sites have this as compulsory, but I believe by 2010 every site will by law require everyone working to have the CSCS card.

More info below

[DLMURL]http://www.cscs.uk.com/RunScript.asp?page=82&p=ASP\Pg82.asp[/DLMURL]http://www.cscs.uk.com/RunScript.asp?page=82&p=ASP\Pg82.asp

C

ChaseTiling

whats cscs csad when it's at home!
A CSCS card is a card that shows you are competent in Health & Safety for construction sites across the UK.

There are different grades that are available.

For you as a Tiler, then you need to be looking at a BLUE QUALIFIED WORKER card. This card will also hold your trade qualification on the back of it too, so if any health inspectors turn up on site, they will see that you are trade qualified & Health and Safety trained.

The only way you can get a BLUE QUAL card is to get your NVQ in your trade.

BY 2010, IF YOU ARE NOT NVQ QUALIFIED IN YOUR TRADE, OR REGISTERED ON AN NVQ PROGRAMME, YOU CANNOT WORK IN YOUR TRADE ON SITE.

Although getting an NVQ and CSCS now is near the only way of getting contract work across the UK right now.

Please don't go down the route of getting a labourers CSCS card (no nvq required for this one), as if you get caught on site working as anything other than a labourer, you and your gaffer will get hung by the HSE big time.......

There is plenty of info on this forum about how to get your NVQ and CSCS - please do browse it to see where you fit in to getting one. Or ask me on here / PM me with your questions.

:)

Reply to cscs card / nvq in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen