Search the forum,

Discuss Could have done without it! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

Well, had a nice easy day today. Finished up at 12pm, picked up materials for another job & dropped them at the customers house then had a quote to see at 3pm. Was out by 3.30pm.

On my way home on the motorway I thought "great, nice early finish for me" when all of a sudden, engine compartment goes bang then a load of rattles. Pulled into the hard shoulder to find my tensioner pulley wheel disintegrated! Belt snapped of course which made it a nightmare to get home. No power steering & overheating. Never had time to get parts this afternoon so will have to get them tomorrow (a Saturday) for my van going in on Monday to get signage done.

I can live with getting a pulley for £30 & a belt for £30 but knowing my luck, they won't have the pulleys in stock & will have to get a new tensioner @ £100.

Just had to get my rant out!

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Look on the bright side mate, I've seen loads of cars smashed up today driving home, some on their roofs! At least you're is a fairly simple repair!

B

Bubblecraft

Yeah, hopefully they have the pulley in stock cause I ain't got the time to wait on ordering one. When the pulley went, the ball bearings shot everywhere so hope there's no damage to my radiator or intercooler!

B

Bubblecraft

It's so frustrating. If I had the time to wait....new tensioner, bolt & belt for under £40 where it's going to cost me nearer £140 tomorrow if I need the tensioner!
3ugy4uge.jpg

http://bit.ly/WesToE

P

Peter

You know what they say. "Never make plans for a Friday". You think you're getting home early but it never seems to work out.

B

Bubblecraft

Well I'm now £120 lighter. Gutted. Just got to fit it now. It least it's a 10 min job & not a 4 or 5 hour number. Coffee first me thinks!

Reply to Could have done without it! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen