Discuss Carbon Film UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

redrooster

Hi All,

I'm looking at putting underfloor heating in our kitchen/dining room/hall (all connected).

The plan is to have Laminate flooring. The combined space is quite a odd shape, totalling about 30m2, however I think about 19m2 needs heating under it, the other is coverd by kitchen units etc.

Has anyone had any experience wth Carbon film UFH and suitable insualtion, e.g. Depron?

In addition, is there any issues about the type of laminate we can put on this? We were looking at some 8mm laminate...what should we be looking for.

Finally, how effective is it?

Thanks in advance

D

diamondtiling

The only carbon UFH I have ever seen in situ was under a carpet, fitted by the carpet lads. It seemed to work very well. It was laid on top of 6mm ply, then the underlay and then the carpet.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Hi All,

I'm looking at putting underfloor heating in our kitchen/dining room/hall (all connected).

The plan is to have Laminate flooring. The combined space is quite a odd shape, totalling about 30m2, however I think about 19m2 needs heating under it, the other is coverd by kitchen units etc.

Has anyone had any experience wth Carbon film UFH and suitable insualtion, e.g. Depron?

In addition, is there any issues about the type of laminate we can put on this? We were looking at some 8mm laminate...what should we be looking for.

Finally, how effective is it?

Thanks in advance

You could ask about the laminate on our sister forum for flooring installers.. http://www.flooringadviceforum.com/index.php

pjrich

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
If you do decide on Carbon Film please be aware that it needs top have an earth grid installed over the top to comply with 17th edition wiring regulations.

The WoodTec system we have does not need the earth grid because it is already built into the heating mat. If you'd like a quote please do not hesitate to contact us.

R

redrooster

Thanks all....I'm going to speak to my electrican and see what he thinks would be best. Cheers.
Redrooster

Reply to Carbon Film UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks