Discuss Buy a diesel vans in current climate in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Diesel here and surely a new smaller van would be better on fuel, mines a 3.5t weight limit also which is always heavy with tools and materials

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I worry that their just keep putting the emission levels on the mot lower every year till no more diesels on the road, easy way for the greens to get rid of em..

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
By the time my van is dead in 5 years I’ll replace with an electric van, at present they aren’t up to it for a heavier vans but battery tech changing so fast at present in a few years we’ll all have one.

W

Waluigi

The government do whatever they want to get the tax from drivers. Everyone went out buying Diesel cars/vans and the road tax went down to zero or as low as £30 per annum. Next minute they blame diesels for all of our pollution. They make it up as they go along.

O

One Day

I get 42mpg out of my connect. Tax isn't too bad.
My only gripe is the fact that it's not an even and fair tax.
You guys who work inside congestion charge zones will struggle in the coming years.
Personally, I want to try and return to working in such a way that I don't even have to pass through any traffic lights. I.e. very local and very rural.

Reaction score
I'd probably buy a petrol and spend the £1000 I saved on getting it converted to LPG.

J

Just Rizzle

had a transit petrol with a ford lpg conversion was never out of the garage did 15 mpg eq to 30 mpg as cost of lpg was half cost lasted till 120k when engine siezed up which is common on lpg as no lube in gas and burns at higher temp

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I am seriously considering a lease deal some good vans out there have a look here you can claim back a percentage or all as a business expense cheers .kop

Screenshot_20190103-063007_Chrome.jpg

Reply to Buy a diesel vans in current climate in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks