Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Buy a diesel vans in current climate in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

WDavison

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Is it a mistake to buy a new diesel van now?

Would like to buy a new or newish van that'll last me 15+ years really. Transporter size. Only really diesels on offer. But with all the talk of them being banned from or charged to enter certain zones etc in coming years, taxed to buggery, what on earth are we supposed do really.

S

Spare Tool

Hmm interesting point actually, I'm looking at a new van also soon..although don't think there's any zero emission zones imminent around these parts.. There's a new hybrid transit custom coming out but you'll have to wait till later in 2019.

C

Concrete guy

road tax is £240 .... also includes the cost of Highway?

We pay Vehicle Excise Duty (VED=Road Tax) once a year which allows us to use the roads.

We don't have many toll roads in the UK, there are some bridges with tolls and we have areas like Central London where there is a charge to drive for all vehicles.

VED varies per vehicle.

F

Flintstone

Personally I think 15 years is optimistic, modern vans aren't designed to last that long !

OP
W

WDavison

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Personally I think 15 years is optimistic, modern vans aren't designed to last that long !

Maybe, but most of my vehicles have become uneconomical to repair at around 15 years old with up to 160k on and always bought them when they were 7-10 years old. Im just assuming if I got something nicer and looked after it, it might make more.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I buy at about 3 years old after worst depreciation then run until 10ish when they become uneconomical

Reply to Buy a diesel vans in current climate in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock