Search the forum,

Discuss Building a full height boxing at end of bath for niches in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Ricky D

image.jpg

O

Old Mod

Hi Ricky welcome to the forum!

Only my personal opinion, but I'd do the whole niche in your wall tile,
If you're going to add lighting and mosaic and a whole host of toiletries. On completion it could look very busy in a small space in amongst neutral tones.
I'd tile as per wall and add lighting, (and maybe just loose lay a piece in the back first) then stand back and form an opinion, mosaic can be added afterwards if u think it still needs lifting.
But that's just me :)

Good luck.

P

p4ulo

Agree with not using Mosaic on reveals, but great idea ref dry lay just to see what looks best.
Deffo put a single downlighter in a coupe if you can. Trouble with LEDS (strips) is the drivers are expected to fail and be replaced, which means a further removable section you'll need to hide the drivers in.
Simple pool lights pull out forwards so no worries about access.

Hmm, a mirror behind the toilet? Do you want to look at yourself using the toilet?

C'mon P4ulo, no bad language in public forums mate!!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Ricky D

personally I'm not so keen on the niches especially when asked to put them in "wet" areas - all those unnecessary extra corner joints as potential failures (untidy/dirty silicone etc). In the original example (post) I would keep the room as large as possible above the granit box top/shelf rather than make the room smaller just to add a niche!

I thought the same at first, but the problem is it looked a bit bare and boring, plus there was no storage whatsoever!

Reply to Building a full height boxing at end of bath for niches in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen