Discuss botticini marble (loads of doors!) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Grace'sDad

Want to bounce this off a few of you please guys....

12sqm of hallway, "L" shaped - ashphalt floor, mirror smooth.
Awkward bits are, lower stair and 6 x doorways.
(I always trim architraves)
Customer wants tile direction changing at one end of the hall, to point into the other (if you know what I mean?!) Should be quite tricky as the tiles are 600x400 so there will need to be some spot-on 45 degree cuts done. He won't go for brick-bond.

Was going to go at £45sqm but I reckon I'll come up short on a £175 day rate. What do you think?

My rate includes trimming 6 doors, cleaning, sealing etc.
Materials extra.

G

GazTech

Blimey...you may have to mitre them to turn the L shape....therefore thats the starting point....Gaz

W

White Room

On the mitre the joints arn't going to follow anyway, If I understand right:huh2:

T

TilingLogistics

What size grout joints does he want? Allow for any heavy veining if you are going to be doing a lot of long straight cuts! Depending on the quality of the marble of course!:thumbsup:

Kev

G

GazTech

Want to bounce this off a few of you please guys....

12sqm of hallway, "L" shaped - ashphalt floor, mirror smooth.
Awkward bits are, lower stair and 6 x doorways.
(I always trim architraves)
Customer wants tile direction changing at one end of the hall, to point into the other (if you know what I mean?!) Should be quite tricky as the tiles are 600x400 so there will need to be some spot-on 45 degree cuts done. He won't go for brick-bond.

Was going to go at £45sqm but I reckon I'll come up short on a £175 day rate. What do you think?

My rate includes trimming 6 doors, cleaning, sealing etc.
Materials extra.
It's only possible to do brick-bond Mark.....Unless you cut in some triangular pieces, very tricky and fiddly to get spot on...Gaz
gaztech-albums-various-picture1154-brick-bond-90-degs.jpg

Reply to botticini marble (loads of doors!) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks