Search the forum,

Discuss B&q special offer! in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

garretridge

in b&q today getting plasterboard and as usual went and had a look around the tools section my toolbox has seen better days so decided to see whats on offer and ended up with a trolly box. Great value on offer were £40 quid down to £19.99 got it home empted my old 1 and great bit of kit u can get loads in it lots of compartments and handy to pull it instead of having to lift the old 1 dont no why i havent had one before now well worth
getting one guys !:thumbsup:

3253561939686_001c_v001_zp.jpg

C

Colour Republic

I have to say i'm not a fan. I've bought bigger and bigger tool boxes over the years but then got fed up of them, even the 'portable' ones on wheels. I have one sat right next to me in the office which hasn't moved in 3 years and has just been filled full if those tools I use once in a blue moon, it purely storage now.

In many cases you don't often need a big selection of tools to tackle every job you may come across, so trudging a large tool chest then becomes a chore much more than the benefits of moving it around on wheels give you.

just my opinion

H

hillhead

I have a big one on wheels too but it's lying up now too and i use a tool tote open top so easily got at etc.
I still like boxes and might go back to a smaller one soon at least they keep the dust off your tools and pieces.

F

faithhealer

Another good buy are Turbo Screws, have to ask at tradepoint. Same type screws off the shelf 6 quid, turbo screws 1.69

Reaction score
i have six in the back of my van (bigger than the one from b and q )

3 for tiling
1 for joinery
1 for power tools
1 for plumbing

i can take what i need out of the boxes and use my open tote or take the whole box if need be

works well for me and i have every tool/consumable i need on board at all times

Attachments

• Photo-0026.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 120
Reaction score
dry cutters under the false floor at front, mixer, mixing buckets and washboy etc go on the left. dewalt sits ontop if i need it (use grinder and handheld most of time ) addy and hb board always delivered to site

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
As for the tool box. One thing I hate about the cheap ones is the catches don't stay shut well. I've knocked one over before now and all the tools flew out. And the small compartments in the lid may as well not exist as everything falls out of those when you go over a small bump and they all fling open.

5/10 I'd give 'em.

For tiling we used to use buckets as above. Even in the training centre we did thinking about it.

H

hillhead

Most definitely good catches are needed on toolboxes and that might be a prob on these B&Q ones, i did look at these a few months ago and they were 40 quid.

M

mikethetile

having had one of those for a few weeks, my advice to you is to not put any tools in it and if you do dont pull it on the handles, keep the wheels of the ground in case they fall off and dont pick it up by the handle, dont use the lid or the catches as they will snap or put anything in the draw at the front as it will jam it , also dont put anything in the drop down bit or it will drop forward when you least expect it

other than that its fine

Reply to B&q special offer! in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen