Search the forum,

Discuss abusive customer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Hi all, sensible opinions please.
I have been working on a job for 3 days and work has come to a halt as the tiles don't arrive for another 2 weeks so all I have been doin is prep work. Anyway customer is very unhappy, customer was responsible for ordering the tiles and relations have deteriorated between us. I have always spoken very nice to him but finally enough is enough, he physically threatened me over the phone so I'm just wondering what to do now with this situation? Do I go back in 2 weks to complete job and risk no payment? Do I pass on the job and ask for money for the 3 days Labour?

I'm not worried about the physical threat, I'm just wondering what the right thing to do is?

C

charlie1

He made a coment on Sunday blaming me for delay of the job, I asked how I can tile without tiles... In my 3 days I had penciled in for the work I managed to salvage about 7 m2 of the original tiles by hacking off loose cement and reset them, he is ****ed because I can't stay and hack cement of all of them but I explained I had other comitments and most of them where just breaking! At end 3 days I explained it was no longer cost effective to pay me to salvage tiles (which was not part of original plan(just trying to save them money)) and that I had other comitments. And call me when tiles will be arriving

Reply to abusive customer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.