Discuss A week or two with redback kneepads in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Got mine just before Xmas (from Dave @ Tradetiler). Gone through the wash a couple of times without removing them from trousers. They feel like 2 pillows strapped to my knees, but you don't feel the straps. They seem expensive, but compared to the competition they are excellent value. I had a new pair of Scruffs kneepads and after a month they were like pancakes. In fact I would have been better off if I had used 2 slices of toast in my knee pockets.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Might put mine back in for another trial.
Found them a bit heavy and bulky before so resorted to using an old towel for a kneeling pad.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Try them again mate. And if you need to, use braces to support your trousers, it'll pay dividends in the long run as it's no good damaging your body just for the sake of your job.

S

steve-tiler

When i'm doing floors and the area is big enough, I use the thin inserts that came with my trousers (scruffs) and a pair of hard capped wrap round knee pads and a foam board that you get for doing the garden.
Cant have enough padding in the knee's.
Plus I found a big difference in putting my cutter on a work bench so you are not bending down to do cuts.

L

LJD

As above .I can never work with a cutter that is on the floor .Get a good work table set up and mount the cutter on it. Saves your back and easier to view cut line etc . Never liked pads....might explain my knees ! .Will look into pads

L

LM

If your on your knees for a long time then external knee pads are a must imo something like these
Fento 200 Pro Knee Pads + Free Pair Of Replacement Straps | Buy Knee Pads for Tiling Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/knee-pads-for-tiling/51521/fento-200-pro-knee-pads-free-pair-of-replacement-straps?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1__e06C-1QIVwrDtCh1hmQl-EAQYASABEgITo_D_BwE
If your just on your knees for the odd bit then inserts perhaps are more comfortable.
Look after your knees now while they're in good shape!

F

Flintstone

I recon I might get some of them fento pads for when doing floors! Your recommendations are normally good lee! It's a funny one with the cutter, if your tiling a bathroom then on a bench is good as your stood up anyway usually but if you are tiling a floor and you have the cutter near by on the floor it saves you standing up

O

One Day

I got a £6 kneeling mat from Screwfix and it's great! For chucking around a small bathroom floor anyway, saves wearing pads.
For proper floor jobs though I'm still using my Snickers beaded pads in Blaklader trousers.
The Fento look interesting though...!

L

LM

Well if your one of those who have regular size and shaped knees I think you’ll enjoy the Fentos. Of course we’re all different but personally I’ve spared no expense in trying to find the right knee pad for me whilst I’m doing long days on my knees and I have to say that the Fentos are the best that I’ve came across for this as yet.

Reply to A week or two with redback kneepads in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks