Search the forum,

Discuss A day in the life of a spark in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

Was on a regular site today. The only other trade in the house were the two sparks doing their second fix. Thought this summed their day up well:

7.30am: Apply hair gel and navy trousers.
8.30am: Tune site radio to Radio 1, even though another station is already on.
10.30am: Despite having a full house to do, insist that you need to work where the tiler is.
10.35am: Wait until the tiler has gone for tiles and set your ladder in the shower tray.
10.50am: Leave all cores and wire cuttings lying where they drop, ideally over the tiler's freshly brushed floor.
12am: Isolate power with no warning or alternative, say it'll be on again after lunch if anyone dares ask.
1.30pm: Set ladder on freshly laid tiles.
3.15pm: Tell tiler that his tiles have moved (after setting).
4.00pm: Remove the wet saw from the tiler's extension lead and plug in charger.
4.30pm: Strip all cable for scrap and leave all sleeves on the ground, along with related packaging, cardboard boxes etc.
5.00pm: Prepare for more complete disregard on site tomorrow as the Hilti goes into the van.

What is it with sparks? Surely the most obnoxious trade going.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
yep, was doing a new build last week, sparks came in said power had to be turned of for half an hour......4 hours later still no power...:incazzato:

Reaction score
Love the hair gel bit Peter lol. Maybe I'm jealous as my hairline has started making a dash for the back of my head!!! Lol. On another note, the radio is a pet hate of mine. My radio is beside me and I can hear it but god love anyone who touches it!!!! But to have one at the far end of a house that you can hear better than your own 3 feet away ..... has ta be a painter or a spark!! Shower of uneducated c###s :(

P

Peter

Love the hair gel bit Peter lol. Maybe I'm jealous as my hairline has started making a dash for the back of my head!!! Lol. On another note, the radio is a pet hate of mine. My radio is beside me and I can hear it but god love anyone who touches it!!!! But to have one at the far end of a house that you can hear better than your own 3 feet away ..... has ta be a painter or a spark!! Shower of uneducated c###s :(

Have you ever met a spark who doesn't gel his hair Aidy? Most seem to put on plenty of aftershave too. Bit over the top for going on to a mucky wet building site. :lol:

I wouldn't mind if they played U105 or Uncle Hugo but it's always Radio 1 and Fern Cotton. I'm beginning to think that Makita radios only pick up English stations whatever band they're on, either that or sparks just like ****e music..

Reply to A day in the life of a spark in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen