Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss A contractor you may wish to avoid in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks for letting me in the FA... I feel blessed! lol

Ok, so now im in the private part of the forum I can finally expose the contractor who still owes me a few hundred quid and took 5wks to settle 3/4th of the invoice.

Peter Trainor @ Trainor Contracts

He is a member of the TTA and works closely with Portview to get the majority of his work, which is why I was more than surprised when he failed to deliver... I was under the impression if your a member of the TTA your living up to an industry standard. However, in his case.... obviously not!

I was sub contracting for him on the new Harvey Nichols in Liverpool, working stupid unsociable hours and doing nothing but snagging work that his lads has messed up up in order for the job to pass P.C.

P.C passed with no problems and Portview commented on there twitter page how pleased they were with the work carried out.

so..... If you come across Mr Trainor........ stay away!

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
not sure what your payment arrangements were paul but i know i have waited well over 30 days in the past while working for larger companies..pain in the *** i know

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've waited a lot longer for a bigger bill than that before now with companies I still do business with. Sometimes it can just be a pain in the back side. Sometimes there are genuine reasons.

What would their reason be for not paying so quickly if you were told? Or had to guess otherwise?

Reaction score
Yeah im aware of larger companies and the 30 day invoicing, but we agreed payment every 2 weeks on a big job and im a subbie... not a ltd company.

Then he said on the phone your lucky im not paying you every 30 days.... well if thats the case, just tell me payment is every 30 days instead of every 2wks.

then when payment did arrive it's not what we agreed.

there's more to the story with the way he conducted things and lied but just i'd just be blabbering on... take it from me, if you work for him you will get stung.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm. I'm on the fence on this mate to be fair.

I don't agree with paying you after 5 weeks if the agreement was 2 weeks. And I don't agree with paying you less than what was agreed.

Though I've been down this road before and it ended up the work was snagged again and the tiler thought he was getting paid more than he actually was, but the figure ended up being correct in that case.

So don't mind me if I just sit on the fence and not take sides mate I mean no offence. I'd just rather not jump on the old "oh he must be a right b1tch then" thing.

Reaction score
lol, no probs Dan. either way, he's a pain in the backside and I for 1 will stick to the few good contractors iv'e got onside from now on..... lesson learned

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
i know how you feel , have had the same thing happen to me, they will tell you ought to get you on site, with no intention of paying on time

P

Peter

Trainor contracts from NI? Never dealt with them but seen one of their vans working near me yesterday. Always looked quite reputable.

Reaction score
Thats what i thought wingn. Im not saying he does a crap job for 1 min. Im just warning lads that may have the oppertunity to work him to be cautious because if he,s mugged 2 lads off.... hes capable of doing it again and its morally wrong

S

Spud

has he refused to pay you or just said he is unable to pay you at the moment?i pay my guys weekly but last month they had to wait nearly 3 weeks as i had a contractor mess me around for money, not on I know, but sometimes cashflow is a killer especially on the bigger jobs

A

aphilp

Hi and welcome

Have you threatened Court proceedings in writing?

Send him a 7 day warning letter.

Best Wishes

Anne

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This almost sounds libellous... 5weeks ( only three weeks late) is b all in the general scheme .. I deal with guys who end up waiting three and four months or more for their money. There is presumably a reason why you were delayed payment and also presumably why it was short but you on seem to have balanced your argument. Was he delayed payment, is there a contract retention etc etc... Just to cut the guy off short saying he is bad news without more act is wrong in my opinion. This is contracting work, not domestic where you get a cheque. Cash on completion.

Reply to A contractor you may wish to avoid in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks