Search the forum,

Discuss Grinder marks on porc in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
doing a bit of retro cutting today on porc tiles to fit a led strip light in a recess, scratched all of a tile with my grinder guard, any ideas how to remove? Nightmare!

O

Old Mod

Try ceramic clean from lithofin, that normally removes metal marks from tiles.

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Cheers lads, tried rubbing grout but didnt work, tried jif (cif) and didnt work, was thinking of scratching it off with a grinder but thought id ask here first lol.. i'll try the suggested methods tomorrow..

O

One Day

The solution: Barkeeper's Friend.
Trust me!

canvas.png

W

Waluigi

We use Bar keepers friend on solid surface countertops (Corian) it’s really good.

For tiles I would use diamond hand polishing pads.

Start off with 3000 and if it’s still there at 50 grit you have a big problem:tearsofjoy:

Reply to Grinder marks on porc in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen